After Mario Maker 2 released, did you think maybe your wallet would get the long overdue break it deserved? You thought wrong. July seems to have it’s own fair share […]
After Mario Maker 2 released, did you think maybe your wallet would get the long overdue break it deserved? You thought wrong. July seems to have it’s own fair share of potential mega-hits. All three of this articles featured games got their time to shine during last month’s Electronic Game Expo in Los Angles. I’m personally exited for all three of these games and can’t wait to pick them up eventually. That is, if I can get myself to stop playing countless hours of Sega Ages Virtua Racing. Here are the highlights of each game we high anticipate in July.
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 (7/12/19)
To stop the worshippers of an ancient evil, you must join forces with the mysterious Malroth and build a ravaged world into the realm of your dreams. In this RPG adventure, you’ll explore huge islands, gather and craft with materials, design towns, level them up, and defend them from monsters and bosses alongside townspeople. As you progress, you’ll unearth crafting and building recipes. Dash, glide, swim, fast travel, and play in optional first-person perspective as you try to find them all. In the Isle of Awakening, you and up to three other Builders can explore together in local wireless*; or play online** together too.
- Go on an adventure to gather, craft, and build a fantasy world of your making and defend it from monsters.
- Play and experiment to unlock crafting and building recipes in this RPG adventure filled with exploration, questing, and challenging battles
- New content: fast travel, swimming, dashing, gliding, first-person perspective gameplay
- Become the Builder to rebuild a ravaged world.
- Choose a female or male Builder as you navigate islands with Malroth and fight against the Children of Hargon
- Share the experience with other Builders.
- Play with up to 3 other players via local wireless* or online** on the Isle of Awakening
- Take screenshots with Snapshot Mode
- Save favorite creations using the Magic Pencil
- Additional recipes with DLC*** and by having save data on your system for the first DRAGON QUEST BUILDERSgame.
- Upcoming DLC will allow you to expand your craft and open additional islands
- Save data from the first game will add recipes to craft the Legendary Builder’s outfit and Dragonlord’s Throne
MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order (7/19/19)
Assemble your ultimate team of Marvel Super Heroes from a huge cast including the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, and more! Team up with friends to prevent galactic devastation at the hands of the mad cosmic tyrant Thanos and his ruthless warmasters, The Black Order. Then expand your ultimate alliance with the paid Expansion Pass, which includes upcoming DLC content from popular franchises like the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Marvel Knights.
- Assemble your ultimate team of Super Heroes from the Marvel Universe, each with their unique superpowers
- Super Heroes battle Thanos and The Black Order across the Marvel Universe in this new original story
- Local and Online Multiplayer – The game can be played offline or online* with up to 4 players** on a single screen or using multiple systems
- In addition to the series’ traditional perspective, players can also select a dynamic, zoomed-in view, allowing for a more immersive play style for single-player or multiplayer when using multiple systems
- Paid Expansion Pass includes 3 DLC packs***, which will release one at a time after the launch of the MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order game and will include content from popular franchises like the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Marvel Knights
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (7/26/19)
Here, order is maintained by the Church of Seiros, which hosts the prestigious Officer’s Academy within its headquarters. You are invited to teach one of its three mighty houses, each comprised of students brimming with personality and represented by a royal from one of three territories. As their professor, you must lead your students in their academic lives and in turn-based, tactical RPG battles wrought with strategic, new twists to overcome. Which house, and which path, will you choose?
The game features the refined gameplay the Fire Emblem™ franchise is known for. Command a party of warriors to move and fight on a grid-based battlefield and, for the first time in the series history, assign battalions of troops to support individual units in battle. As a professor, you are responsible for teaching your students and improving their skills in their academic lives and in battle. These may be school assignments, but the stakes are very real. Your students’ lives depend on your leadership. It’s up to you to guide each of them, so that they may wield a variety of weapons, master the study of magic, and acquire special skills such as horsemanship. But there’s more to being a professor than commanding armies. Freely roam Garreg Mach Monastery and the academy within it, while interacting with talented students to build relationships and gather intel. After meeting one enigmatic girl named Sothis…you’ll come to realize that she appears only within your mind. What other mysteries await?
- The Officer’s Academy is home to three houses: The Black Eagles, The Blue Lions, and The Golden Deer… Which house will you choose?
- As a professor, lead students in their academic lives and on the battlefield
- A turn-based, tactical RPG that puts new twists on strategic battling
- For the first time in series history, battalions of troops follow individual units to support them in battle
- Freely roam Garreg Mach Monastery, interact with students in a variety of ways—over lunch, even—to bond and gather intel
- As a female or male professor, you’ll meet House Leaders and future rulers Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude
Which of these games are you looking forward to? Did we miss one that you can’t wait to pick up and play?
Follow us on Twitter: @NerdJockBlog33
By: Dennis Burkett