Are you tired of Mario Maker yet? Have you saved the multiverse in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? If so, it’s time for a new game. August has a somewhat quiet […]
Are you tired of Mario Maker yet? Have you saved the multiverse in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? If so, it’s time for a new game. August has a somewhat quiet release schedule for the Nintendo Switch, but here are the top games all the cool kids will be playing during the dog days of summer.
Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition
For the first time ever, you will have the opportunity to play as Jason Voorhees, the most famous killer in horror. Stalk your prey, ambush them whenever you see fit and strike fear in the hearts of so many hapless victims as you become the legend himself! Friday the 13th: The Game will include a variety of kills, new and familiar, that will help you set the tone for the Jason Voorhees that you want to be. You’ll even get to unlock various Jason incarnations from the movies!
Jason will be equipped with a terrifying array of abilities, giving you the control of a hunter at the height of his game. These are his woods, and he knows them all too well. Jason will not only feed off the fear of his victims, but will become stronger as the night progresses. The darker the night, the more terrifying Jason becomes!
The entire focus of Friday the 13th: The Game is multiplayer. Survival is entirely up to you, the player, as you either stealthily hide from Jason or work together as a team to escape or bring the fight to Jason. Playing as a counselor is all about risk and reward, giving players multiple means of triumph over Jason! Want to hide in the woods as you wait for the police? Perhaps you want to band together and try to take on Jason as a group? Maybe you and a friend decide to fix the boat on the lake and escape while leaving everyone else to their fate? There are endless opportunities to survive the night, but every choice has a consequence.
Truck Racing Championship
he European Truck Racing Championship is one of the most spectacular and challenging motor racing competitions.
The driving difficulty and many unique race features have been faithfully reproduced with the KT Engine (WRC).
In ETRC, like on real-life race tracks, you need to control the temperature of your brakes so they don’t overheat. You must also consider the weight of the truck when cornering, monitor tyre wear and find the best tactics for overtaking.
The official FIA ETRC game is a completely new option for all fans of racing sims.
• 45 trucks with their official livery, including top manufacturers like Volvo, Man, Freightliner and Western Star
• 20 teams and the championship’s best drivers
• 14 circuits including official ETRC ones, as well as Laguna Seca, Circuit of The Americas and Fuji Speedway
• 5 single-player modes and 5 multiplayer modes
Humanity’s last chance against an interdimensional invasion is a special living weapon called the Legion. As a rookie officer in the elite police task force Neuron, you and your Legion will work together to solve cases and save humankind.
The ASTRAL CHAIN game gives you full control over two characters at once for thrilling Synergetic Action, courtesy of PlatinumGames. Alternate between several Legion types and skills to save the world your way.
ASTRAL CHAIN features character designs by the acclaimed manga artist Masakazu Katsura (ZETMAN, Video Girl Ai), and marks the directorial debut of PlatinumGames’ Takahisa Taura (designer of NieR:Automata). Hideki Kamiya, director of the Bayonetta game and writer/supervisor of the Bayonetta 2 game, provides supervision.
- Players can control the protagonist and a special weapon called a Legion simultaneously, building stylish combos by using both characters in tandem
- There are multiple Legions in the game, each with different combat styles and abilities. Players can even strategically change between Legions at will during real-time battles
- This apocalyptic setting is full of intricate details and interesting characters, including citizens and suspects you can interact with in the city, others in the special police task force, and your twin sibling
- Use the abilities of the Legion not only in battle but also for investigating cases and solving environmental puzzles
- Uncover the secrets of the alternate dimension called the Astral Plane, where the mysterious invaders originate
- ASTRAL CHAIN is directed by Takahisa Taura, known for his work as the game designer on NieR:Automata, and supervised by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta series
Which of these games are you looking forward to? Did we miss one that you can’t wait to pick up and play?
Follow us on Twitter: @NerdJockBlog33
By: Dennis Burkett